Winter is fast approaching, and weekends are soon to be filled with time by the fireplace. Grab your favorite blanket and fill your preferred coffee mug as we count down the advantages of having Revere install a gas fireplace in your home.
- A gas fireplace is as easy to light as flipping a switch. *Flip* instantaneous fire. Wood-fueled fireplaces require a more effort to start and maintain. First you have to purchase, split, and season the wood. Then you arrange it a certain way, get kindling, start the fire and keep an eye on it. Your fire is almost like a pet. It has be managed, fed, and watched over constantly.
- Maintenance is easy! The aftermath of a wood-fueled fire is not fun to clean. The soot, ash, and burned-out logs are messy and spread very easily. Propane fires only require a regular inspection and cleaning by a professional. No sweeping or cleaning, and no dangerous creosote buildup.
- Cozy ambiance. A new heater might be able to keep your house warm and toasty through the winter, but nothing feels quite as romantic as lighting a fire in the morning to eliminate the chill in the air.
- Warmth in a power outage. When the worst kinds of winter storms hit, electricity is often knocked out. If you have a fireplace, you can still keep warm and have plenty of light.
- Energy efficiency. Propane is one of the most efficient and clean fossil fuels available, a propane fireplace heats a room more evenly and efficiently than a wood fireplace and can burn 40 times as long without producing the same emissions.
If you already own a gas fireplace, be sure to take advantage of our pre-season special offers ending September 30th! Revere Gas customers can save $30 or more on routine fireplace maintenance and inspections!