It may still be sunny and warm, but we’re nearly through August already and the cold winter weather will be here before you know it!
1. Make sure you have an adequate propane supply. You can still sign up for our level pay plan which gives you even, monthly payments and no surprises when the bitter cold comes. Being on a payment plan also ensures you’ll get priority delivery.
2. Consider purchasing a propane generator. When other power sources fail, a propane generator can keep your house operating without interruption. Always use generators outdoors, away from doors, windows and vents. NEVER use generators in homes, garages, basements, crawl spaces, or other enclosed or partially enclosed areas, even with ventilation.
3. Consider installing UL-listed propane gas detectors and carbon monoxide detectors for additional security. Always follow the manufacturer instructions for installation, location and maintenance. These safety devices normally cost less than $100 apiece and will help keep your family notified of leaks that could otherwise prove fatal.
4. Confirm your heating system and appliances are running efficiently. Before the start of each heating season, have one of our qualified service technicians inspect and service your appliances and propane system. When your appliances are running as efficiently as possible, you conserve fuel and save money.
5. Have your system inspected annually. Home heating systems require tune-ups to perform optimally. You can Contact a Revere Gas location near you to inquire about a home heating system inspection program today!